I am a home cook who loves trying new recipes for my family. I search the internet and Pinterest all the time looking for recipes that look interesting.
Just because they look good doesn't mean they taste good. I have tried lots of recipes and of course some are great and some are not.
I thought it would be fun to share with you all some of the recipes that we liked. Many times I tweak the recipes to my taste or to ingredients I have on hand.
So periodically, I will be posting some here along with my crafting projects!
I hope you enjoy these articles and let me know your opinions and if you try any.
Tonight's recipe is - VEGETABLE LO MEIN
Originally I found this post on Pinterest, however this is the website the original recipe came from -
I changed up the recipe to fit my taste and to what I had in my pantry and fridge.
Here is my version:
VEGETABLE LO MEIN
Makes 4 servings
12 oz. Your favorite type of pasta. **I used Hodgson Mill, Ultra Grain with Quinoa Spaghetti (I found this in the organic aisle of my local grocery store.)
1 Tablespoon Your favorite type of oil. I used Vegetable Oil
5 cloves fresh garlic, minced - use more or less to your taste. I LOVE fresh garlic
1/2 bag of frozen bell pepper strips from Trader Joe's. (I just let them defrost when I cooked)
1/2 a bag of mini carrots, chopped in my food processor (any carrots will work)
1 bag sugar snap peas - see picture below - I microwaved so they were ready
1 bag baby spinach (*even though the bag says it is washed and ready to eat, I always wash after hearing a few summers ago of bagged lettuces having bacteria)
This is my veggies cooking. Before I added the spinach.
FOR THE SAUCE:
2 Tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons Stevia in the Raw (that's what I used, you can use any sweetener you like!)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
5 drops Franks Red Hot Sauce (original recipe called for Sriracha - I didn't have any)
* I would have like a little more sauce. If you like lots of sauce, feel free to double the sauce recipe.
1) In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, sweetener, sesame oil, ginger and hot sauce. Set aside.
2) Bowl a large pot of salted water, (salt to the water adds a lot of good flavor to the pasta no matter
what kind you use) When boiling, cook your pasta according to the package and then drain and
put back into the pot.
3) Heat your oil in a pan while your pasta is cooking. When hot (not burning) add your minced garlic, cook for a few minutes then add your carrots and bell peppers. Stir frequently. Cook until all are tender. Then stir in sugar snap peas and spinach. Cook until the spinach has wilted to your liking.
4) Stir in the cooked vegetables and then add the sauce. Mix well. I used tongs and they really helped me mix well.
5) Serve and enjoy!!
And below is the finished product. I loved it and loved that it was a healthy meatless meal!
Please leave a comment on here letting me know how you enjoy my new idea for sharing recipes and if you try them!! I would love to know.
Check back soon for my next recipe! Or better yet, become a Follower above and get notifications!